mais uno +1 is a curatorial, project, and research collective that acts in search of the transformative power of art through the creation of incremental relationships/ecosystems between artists, communities, and territories
This collective emerges from a common will to...
- Complement and create new alternatives for the institutional contemporary art circuits;
- Expand art practice to territories and groups that are usually not included in the cultural scene;
- Research, create and try new, more free and sustainable, models for the art market;
- Reflect on the active role of art practice as a continuous project that creates new imaginaries and communal dynamics, and answers to the current and future environmental and urban challenges;
- Develop more accessible structures for researching, documenting, and sharing knowledge (creative commons);
- Diversify and enrich the socio-cultural tissue of a territory and its mutual support;
- Create more horizontal and democratic art systems based on collaborative and transdisciplinary relationships;
- Foster aggregating, experimental, emancipated, and critical art practices.
- exhibition organization;
- alternative communal forms of exhibitions, residencies, and creations: the exhibition as a space for encounter, a public space, a neighborhood space, an online space;
- support and follow-up for exhibitions (materials, production, texts, documentation, publication);
- selling art: fair, exhibition, alternative ways, and spaces.
- ongoing projects: art as a project;
- support for projects;
- artistic consulting (development of residency and project networks: art residency spaces in national entities + collaboration with international networks).
- documentation, metrics, indicators, and publication;
- development and sharing methodologies: commercial/non-commercial).